Thursday, April 22, 2010

To infinity... and beyond.

Sarah isn't the only person I find myself connecting to from the afterlife. That's sounds so paranormal when I write it and repeat to myself, but it's true. I've seen a significant influx of connection to my Dad's father, Cliff, and my Mom's aunt, Annie, on her mother's side. I never met either one of them.

I know that my Grandpa was a fighter. He boxed, like many people who grew up during the WWII era. Even though it was a common sport, it's certainly not as common for women. During my self-defense classes, I'm learning punches, jabs, crosses, and upper-cuts and it's coming quite naturally. I've been told that I fight like a boy. Maybe it's genetic, or maybe it's skill that I happen to be pre-disposed to, but it feels nice to think of him and feel a oneness.

Similarly, Annie (my mom's aunt) was a member of the SRF. I didn't find this out until recently. Whe share other commonatlities like a love of Japanese culture and art.

Happily, I'm not the only one who has said they feel kindered to people who have passed away. My friend, Star, adors Georgia O'Keefe. They are both artists, and oftentimes she will receive gifts and cards with orange poppies ~ her code and symbol for O'Keefe. My symbol for Sarah... red Volkswagon Beetles, and chrysanthemums. The first is obvious to me, she owned one. The second... no idea, the flower just resonates with my perception of her personality.

This helps reinstate my belief that it's never too late. We can connect and stay connected at any time, and any place for that matter. Wether you were related, friends, or just someone who's inspired by their life, we can all share something meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment