Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Monologue ~ The Acting Final

Today's the day! It's my acting class final at UCSD. I'm performing 'If I Lived to be 100'. This was made possible by the graciousness of AJ and our acting professor who allowed me to bend the rules and chose a monologue that is not part of a published play ... well... not as of YET that is ;)

I asked AJ if she would share it with me, and she gave it some good thought. In the end, she trusted me to fly solo and do Sarah's piece justice. Tonight, I hope to capture her voice (although I've never heard it) and her vibrant spirit.

Last night as AJ and I were practicing our monologues, she gave me some very good advice and that was to do it with a smile.

"That's Sarah. She was just positive, positive, positive. Always positive."

So tonight, I'm planning to record a video and hopefully learn (once and for all) how to post videos to YouTube and embed them in this blog. If not.. please hound me in the comment section ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment