Thursday, May 27, 2010

Meeting at Fort Rosecrans

I went to Fort Rosecrans to visit my Uncle John's memorial site on May 13th. When I arrived the sky was bright with just a few clouds. I put on Sarah's sunglasses and walked to the far north side of the wall at the very end of the cemetary. It had a bench and a fence overlooking Shelter Island, Coronado, and downtown San Diego.

To my back was a magnificent tree. It stood over 30 feet tall. The sun was directly above it. I took a few pictures trying to capture the light from my perspective.

I hadn't been to the cemetery since last June. I looked all over but couldn't find my uncle. There was another man further up the path. He was the only person in sight. I walked towards him very slowly all the while looking for my Uncle and a family friend, who was located near him.

Once I reached the gentleman we stood and regarded the wall together. He was in a spot where the wall remained blank. There were only plastic tags with the names of people who were to be memorialized, stones awaiting their engravings.

We spoke for a while and he told me his story. He lost his wife 2 months ago. They hadn't put up her plaque yet. When we made our introductions he told me his name was Fernando. All the while, I felt there was a connection, but couldn’t explain it.

He had an accent and told me about the ‘old country.’ I asked him where he was from and he said Portugal. “My uncle was Portuguese,” I remarked.

After a moment he asked me who I was there to see. I told him my Uncle's name and that I hadn't been able to find him.

He stood holding his chest. “I’m his cousin!” I didn’t know whether to believe him or not, but then it became clear that he was telling the truth. He knew specifics and named family members. Both of us could feel the energy prickle up on our skin.

He walked along the wall with me saying that he had been looking for John’s memorial, but couldn’t find it either. We were about to depart to my car so I could give him my card. At that very moment we spotted his cousin and my uncle.

Fernando and I both touched John’s plaque and gave our regards. I felt a calm and beautiful peace flow through my body. It was a strong and deep connection. Fernando was also present John's funeral last year with his wife. My aunt had given them a special seat.

Fernando e-mailed me that evening and told me of another synchronicity. May 13th was his anniversary with his wife. He had forgotten. I looked back in my journal afterwards and discovered that John’s funeral was on May 14th.

As I left, Fernando said one last thing to me. “You must be the angel I was meant to meet.”

“Were you told you were meant to meet an angel today?” I asked quizzically.

“No. I just believe that they’re always around us,” he smiled.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. The ability to tune in to Sarah and to calibrate with the energy and rhythm of others is a special gift. Thanks for sharing the Rosecrans experience. It is evidence that angels are always at work on our behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is a green figure at the base of the tree - what magical happenings accompany you.
    were you wearing Sarah's glasses?

    ReplyDelete