Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Robber of Responsiblity

Last Friday my friend had a meditation at her house. It was led by a friend of hers who is a Shaman. I don't know exactly how you become a Shaman, but I read a book about it once. It said that it's usually passed down through the family, and in other cases, the spirits seek you out. Wonder what that would be like? Kinda freaky I'm sure.

Maybe they're kind spirits with little Brit accents that say "Oh, ahem... pardon me little human, but we were wondering if we spirits might impose upon you for just a moment and inform you of the fact that you have a deep connection to our realm and perhaps you might want to consider being a Shaman. Just throwing that out there. Ok give us a buzz when you wanna pop 'round. Toodles!"

To each of the individuals participating in the meditation, he gave us a bit of take home advice. Here's what he said to me:

"You feel responsible for others and have a habit of taking that on. Remember that they have their own issues and lessons to learn, and by assuming their responsibility, you rob them of learning these lessons."

Wow! Never knew I was such a robber. The Shaman told us all to keep an eye out for changes that occur in the next week. It really lifted a weight from my shoulders. All this time I thought this was my purpose in life. I'm so glad that it's not. I'm happy that people can fight their own fights and that their meant to. Yes we can help each other, and that's a part of the beauty of life. But the most important point is to remember own responsibility to ourselves.

As one of the sweetest and most childlike Yogi's in the film documentary, 'Enlighten Up', once said:

You are the most important person under the sun! Or to use my word...you are the most 'important-est' person under the sun!

Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. we are her to help alleviate one another's suffering, yes. But not one another's drama, ego trips, and poor planning, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete