Sunday, March 28, 2010

Golden Fish Dream


Yet another beautiful day in San Diego. Called my sister from Coronado beach yesterday to rub it in... she lives in New York and it's been a crappy, cold weekend. Sorry LJ!

Today my lovely friend modeled the sumi-T (I word I made up that's short for sumi-e T-shirt) I painted for the student exhibition we had this weekend. It's a white shirt with blue waves that look like clouds and a large, golden coy fish jumping upwards. The design was inspired from a dream I had three years ago.

I was standing on a cliff overlooking the ocean. It was around sunset. There were surfers out in the water. They looked small, like little ants from where I was standing. Suddenly, someone started yelling "SHARK! SHARK!" I could see a large fin come up. My heart started pounding, and I knew there was nothing I could do.

Instead of a shark, a big fish appeared. It opened its mouth wide and gobbled up some of the surfers. It went back below and then its back came to the surface. The rest of the surfers were caught in between its giant golden yellow scales. I was in awe. It was terrifying and exciting at the same time.

The fish leapt straight into the air and did a big spin at the top. It turned around and then dove into the water with such force and that it created a massive vortex. I went to a friends house to turn on the TV and see what the news was reporting. They said that there was a hurricane off the coast of San Diego. All of us who witnessed it knew there was something very powerful and important going on, and that the media was trying to cover it up.

This wasn't an ordinary dream, but it wasn't until a week later that I knew for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment