Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!! Welcome to 2011 ya'll. Celebrated with my cousins, sister and brother-in-law. We took over my Aunt and Uncle's house ~ who were fortuitously on vacation. Thanks to them, we were able to ring in the new year like royalty in the comfort of their beautiful, large, Scripps Ranch pad. It was all under the 'guise' that we were watching their dog. Little did they know...

Actually ~ thanks to my sister  blowing our cover and how quickly news flies in my family ~ we were promptly discovered. Oh well, at least I didn't burn any popcorn this time ;) We watched the ball drop, popped open my gianormous bottle of Champagne (thank you Brett) and then let the real fun begin. By fun I mean playing Rock Band 2 while commencing a nurf gun fight in the background. We'll never grow up... that's for sure. Oh and on a safety note: Never fight with someone who has real gun experience/ hunts deer and other unsuspecting woodland creatures and game. You'll get your butt kicked!!! Not mentioning names - SAMMY.

One New Years I went to Texas, and celebrated Scots style with a very interesting clan of people. Every year upon the stroke of midnight, the hostess and her husband would parade around their neighborhood with a band friends and bagpipers while she carried the ashes of her late father. It was his favorite celebration of the year, and so she found a way for him to continue to be a part of it. She likes to shake the ashes just to help ye 'ol Daddy feel like he's dancing ;) Oooo-kay. Check out the kilts on those guys!

I like that the holidays are all about eating to excess, hanging out with family and friends, and acting like a kid again. It's the best time of year... hands down.

However you celebrated, whether it was with champagne or a shot of Scottish Whiskey ... or a few .... I wish you a Happy New Year!!! May it be the best bloody one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment