Saturday, December 18, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos to Me :)

So it's my birthday, December 18, and I'm now 29. One step closer to the big 3-0. You know what folks? I actually feel younger. It's a miracle! I can honestly say that because last year I felt pretty old. Depressed was more like it, and that can make you feel ancient at any age.

I pre-celebrated last night by going to a Vietnamese restaurant for the big cat fish fry. Say that three times fast. So you get this big fish on a giant platter...ain't he a beaut? And then some salads on the sides. Ok, they're really not salads. Just platters with all the fixins for your spring rolls your gonna make. I was chatting up a storm while preparing one of the rice wraps and didn't notice it was sticking to itself. It ended up looking like a used contraceptive. Icky, hilarious, and totally non-reusable.

After the fish fry, my girls and I went to Vin de Syrah in downtown. If you haven't been... GO! The coolest bar ever. The interior is done in the style of Alice in Wonderland meets Marry Poppins and Pirates of the Caribbean. I know right! Now you're Davy Jonesin to go ;)


Le, Bithday Gal, and Shirley
FYI - I LOVE ALICE. She's my favorite Disney character of all time, favorite movie of all time, ffavorite costume of all time. What I like about her is that she's not a princess. She's just a curious girl with a great sense of adventure. Alice has a strong sense of self and learns about her own power and ends up standing up to the tyrant of Wonderland.

Turns out I met the designer about a month or so back. He's a cool, down-to-earth very nice person, and did quite of few of San Diego's up-and-coming places like Analog (formerly Mr. Tiki's) and the Pearl Hotel. For the Alice in you... follow this white rabbit link ~ 





1 comment:

  1. jolie annivisaire
    (ninth grade french class)
    i forgot how to spell it
    and much love

    ReplyDelete