Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Peace to DC and Beyond! ~ With the link ;)

Hello friends,

Sorry for not including the link before ~ here you go! http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?fcid=183052
I cannot tell you how much asking for $$$ scares me, and yet... I'm always fundraising. I think in life it's a good think to face fears head on, or at least look through the peephole first before opening the door.

This entry is dedicated to another person I've never met. Her name is Sierra ~ very similar to Sarah. She's a young girl selected by Kids for Peace to be sponsored to go to Washington DC on the Peace Pledge Tour. I'm helping her personally by setting up a page where people can donate or simply spread the link on their facebook. Simple as that.

Breaking it down ~ If 50 of my friends donated only $10, then we would make the goal and Sierra experience spreading peace in a way that will shape her future and perhaps the future of many others.  

What is the Peace Pledge?
I pledge to use my words to speak in a kind way.
I pledge to help others as I go throughout my day.
I pledge to care for our earth with my healing heart and hands.
I pledge to respect people in each and every land.
I pledge to join together as we unite the big and small.
I pledge to do my part to create peace for one and all.



What is the tour about?
Kids for Peace members from all over the United States will unite to present our Peace Pledge to Congress as well as other important sites throughout DC. The children will present at all the major Memorials, the US Holocaust Museum, the Kenyan Embassy, the Institute of Peace, a homeless shelter and The White House.  An inspirational documentary will be created about the DC Peace Pledge Tour and shared world-wide.


Thank you for spreading the peace!

Annie






No comments:

Post a Comment