Monday, November 22, 2010

Art Connected

Art Connected ~ The name came from an e-mail I wrote to my friend, Marissa, in Romania at 8:00am. In my morning stooper, I mistyped. It happens to everyone with an iPhone, and a lot more often than we'd like I'm sure... but something about it made me keep it.

This is what I wrote to her:
I'm so excited that we're doing this together even though we're an ocean appart. It means so much to me that we art connected.

Ok, I meant 'are connected', but it turned out to be art instead. Horray for Freudian slips! I was, afterall, looking for a name for the art show I was putting on at my gym, Boulevard Fitness. At first, I was terrified to do a show because there were only 6 pieces from my collection and 4 from Impact Visual Arts. So in this big, wide space there were 10 total. Not enough I assure you with a yoga room, loft, and front reception areas to fill.

I put out the call to every artist and friend I knew. Miraculously, they started to come forward. One by one, and then 2 more and then finally there were 11 of us including  Marissa and my late Uncle Stan. With over 40 pieces of art, 3 vendors, the most delicious buffet, and a live musical guest... we were rockin'! All of this came from the artists and their friends.

Annie & Family

Thank you to all of my friends and readers who came! Even if you weren't able to make it (or I skipped you on the invite list SO SORRY)... the art is still up and we'll for sure have another event in the near future.



2 comments:

  1. So proud of you, Annie. The event was an absolute success! I am so beyond impressed with all of your hard work and your amazing creativity. Love you!

    ReplyDelete