Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Releasing the Artist Within

On August 18th I unveiled March on the Bridge. It is my very first piece of art to be displayed in public. Those lovely people surrounding me are my parents and it was a proud moment for sure.

I took the shot one March afternoon during my visit to New York to see my sister. We took the subway to Brooklyn just to walk back to Manhattan over the famous bridge.

My mom's friend, a professional photographer, saw potential and helped it along with a little photoshop magic. I hooked up with a good friend and a great company, Impact Visual Arts, to have the image printed on aluminum ~ that's what makes it UBER SHINY.

 It showed at Mosaic Winebar in North Park ~ my hood ~ for 2 weeks and now it is going to be shipped to its rightful space - my sister's apartment in Queens.

Special thanks to mi amigo, Juan, for coming out and celebrating this special moment with me, and for taking the family photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment