Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cooking Thai!

My mom and I took a Thai cooking class over the weekend. It was held by her co-worker who was raising funds for the upcoming Heart Walk. We not only learned how to cook, but we received menus and were treated to some excellent libations provided by a seasoned bartender from The Sandbar. Guess where I'm going for Happy Hour!?!

Anywho... we made chicken satay, fresh papaya salad, tofu salad rolls, pad thai (that's what I'm about to wok up), chicken coconut curry, and mango sticky rice for dessert. Oy! We were bursting at the seams.

I learned that in Thai cooking it's about these three elements: sweet, salty, and spicy. Yes, those three things combined equal heaven in your mouth. I must have been Thai in a past life because it's my favorite food in the WORLD.

If I could have gone to a cooking school in France and learned to concoct food that would melt the mouths of the Western world I would have...

...instead, Sarah and I took a Thai cooking lesson right here in San Diego to help a good cause, shared a meal with somed friends, and made my ma proud

                                                           ...and that is enough. (S~M)

No comments:

Post a Comment