Monday, June 4, 2012

What a Wonderful World.

Summer is almost here. In one week I'll be finishing up aftercare at All Hallows and saying goodbye to the kids.  It's crazy, you never realize how much you love a job until you're about to leave it. I've been so busy planning my future, looking at the next step that I forgot to look at what's right in front of me.

The kids really got under my skin and in my heart. It's hard to describe except... they become like your own. I'm sure many of you have experienced this and know exactly what mean.

It really doesn't help the fact that I'm listening to 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World' by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. (Dang that's a long last name!) Makes me cry every time, and I was already crying. Does that even count? How does this happen? Does my computer sense the emotional state that I'm in and send heart-wrenching songs my way? Yes... it magically does.

Speaking of magic. I'm working on publishing my book, The Golden Fish. It's a true story magic of dreams coming true.

They certainly do. My friends, family, being in San Diego, teaching, my studio (and now I'm back in it!), having a book and a blog... it's all a dream come true. I even have a little daydream about Sarah. That she is watching over me and really diggin' what I write. Like somehow, some way she gets my posts. And when I put the magic sunglasses on, she sees the world through my eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment